KEEPING OUR PROMISE
Even in the absence of our annual fundraising events we were able to continue to support student-centered programs for the common good of Holtville High School students.
It is our desire and promise to earn your continued support, to grow and improve with each year’s events and to fulfill our objectives and purpose as a nonprofit volunteer organization. Your support has made it possible to give back to our communities:
- The John Kirchenbauer Sports Complex dedication was held in October of 2007 and was hosted by the Holtville Unified School District and the Hall of Fame Committee. The complex is home to the Holtville High School Hall of Fame display cases, the Viking Wall of Pride, the Viking Spirit Courtyard and the Walk of Honor.
- Since November of 2006, one-hundred and four (104) Hall of Fame inductees have been named representing the categories of educators, community members and alumni. Each member receives an elegant zenith award and a CD copy of the induction ceremony and evenings events.
- As of June 2017, a total of sixty-nine (69) $500 scholarships and/or teacher stipends have been awarded to current and continuing students representing the educational disciplines to include physical education, music and art.
- Seventh Howard and Jewel Vencil Nursing Scholarship awarded for five-year program at IVC/SDSU in June of 2021.
- Walk of Honor- a special project complete with benches/trees set in planter, brick sections representing the halls of: alumni, educators, fallen hero’s, champions and Hall of Fame members with solar lighting, etched Viking head and inspirational quotes. Dedicated October 17, 2012.
- Resources were provided, as requested for: signage of the newly modernized and air conditioned Sports Complex: league and CIF Championship banners for display, portable volleyball standards and equipment, to include a new wrestling mat, for the newly constructed wrestling and state-of-the-art weight rooms and permanent trophy cases, football field scoreboard.
- After thirteen years, the John A. Kirchenbauer Memorial Golf Tournament now becomes the Green and Gold Golf Tournament while continuing to remember the namesake. Now there is a Million Dollar hole-in-one, vehicle and other great prizes along with great raffle items. Participants provided with special T-prize (early bird drawing for professional sports tickets) and a “goodie” bag.
- The inaugural Hall of Fame Sports Academies (baseball, softball, basketball and football) have hosted more than 300 boys and girls age 9 to 14 from all cities in the Valley, and Hall of Fame sponsorship expanded to include Holtville Little League and Pop Warner clinics and training programs.
- Established the Hall of Fame web site @: www.greenandgoldhallofame.com
- Sponsors and Inductees provided “Green & Gold” lapel pin.
- Thirty former CIF Championship team members have been invited, on an annual basis, to attend the Hall of Fame Gala where they were presented with a “Championship ring” representing their sport. HHS’s most recent fourteenth annual event of 2019 CIF recognized the Championship 1982 & 1984 Baseball teams. Thirty teams have now been recognized with ring presentations representative of 563 roster student-athletes.
- Holtville High School Athletic Department to receive proceeds from annual raffle held at the John Kirchenbaur Memorial Golf Tournament to benefit, as needed, underfunded programs ($2,000 provided March 2017) and $750 for the Swim Team to purchase lane markers.
- All former CIF Championship team members now have the opportunity to have their team rosters micro-etched on a green marble wall tile as a permanent reminder of Viking history on the Sports Complex’s Wall of Pride. Phase II completed with (10) championship tiles represented.
- Ongoing project to recognize alumni Authors, Designers, Musicians, and Artists. All are displayed in the library along with Posters with Photo/bio’s of all Hall of Fame inductees…
Ongoing project to recognize alumni Authors, Designers, Musicians and Artists. Purchased display board, books and artwork, and have had alumni provide biographies. All on display in the Library and district board room.
All participants in the John A. Kirchenbauer
Memorial Golf Tournament have been presented with
commemorative watches and/or embroidered valuable bags.
AS OF NOVEMBER 2017 NINETY-THREE (93) HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES HAVE BEEN NAMED
AS OF JUNE 2017 SIXTY-THREE (63) NURSING SCHOLARSHIPS
THE HALL OF FAME IS NOW SPONSORING THE HOLTVILLE HIGH SCHOOL ANNUAL CAREER DAY: “PURPOSE IS THE REASON FOR YOUR JOURNEY, PASSION IS THE FIRE THAT LIGHTS YOUR WAY”.
On behalf of the Vencill family, Imperial Valley Pioneers, graduates and benefactors of HHS, a permanent endowment has been established for the Howard and jewel Vencill Nursing Scholarship that will be administered by the Green and Gold Hall of Fame Committee. The annual five-year Nursing scholarship to IVC/SDSU is to be used for HHS graduation student (male or female) entering the field of nursing.
Student leaders and advisor attend the California Association of Student Councils summer leadership conference. School leaders will now have the opportunity to acquire a variety of leadership skills and team building techniques.
Engraving of all Sponsor and Alumni brick pavers
for the Viking Spirit Courtyard and Alumni Walk of
Honor are complete and are displayed as orders are received.
New pavers section for gold level sponsors has been added to the Viking Courtyard in addition to thirty-six gold level sponsors already identified
The inaugural Hall of Fame Sports Academies
(baseball, softball, football and volleyball) have hosted more than 200 boys and
girls age 9 to 14 from all cities in the Valley, and were
sponsored by the Hall of Fame.
All former CIF Championship team members
will be invited, on an annual basis, to attend the
Hall of Fame Ball where they will be presented with a
“Championship ring” representing their sport.